Monday, March 15, 2010

If They Can Do It...

After 33 years of my life, yesterday I did something which I've never done before. Bought myself two packets of stuffs that I wanted to buy for sometime but never did, up until yesterday.

It all started last Friday night when I followed my 'partner in crime' Spooky P to see his buddy Jeff, of 3d Whiz-Art. Yes, it was that time when I started to have that fever as mentioned in an earlier blog. With a feeling of mild aching began to crawled up my head plus with an empty stomach, I forced myself to tag along because I really wanted to meet Jeff and to see his artwork for myself.

Eventually, it was not a bad decision after all. Headache & hunger aside, it was a very worthy little experience for me that night. We spent about 2 hours inside Jeff's studio/workshop somewhere nearby Taman Len Seng in Cheras and that moment was really an eye opener for me.

Jeff, a very talented artist and also an independent businessman... or shall I say, an entrepreneur, were cool and kind enough to tell us the story of his life on how he started his sculpting & casting works plus some tips & tricks.... and believe me when I say that in this line of work, it is quite difficult to find someone whose willing to share that knowledge.

My only regret for that night was that I didn't have my camera with me, hence, I cant show any kind of prove of how good Jeff's works are.

Beside his works and his charming persona, one other quality about Jeff that one can noticed at first sight is his superbly positive attitude whenever he wanted to learn something new or experimenting with new techniques of casting. During our conversation, actually it was him who did most of the talking while me and Spooky P were in awe most of the time, there were several times that he mentioned something like "If they can do it, why cant I"

Hearing that from a successful artist like Jeff himself, it is expected that those simple sentence could turned out to be a form of enlightenment for me that night, thus making me want to try out something new.

So, here it is, those two packets of stuffs that I bought yesterday.



They are modeling clays. Sorry if you're expecting something else.
Yes, I'm going to try my hands at sculpting, which I haven't got a single clue on how to start. But, at least I've got the raw material with me now, and with Jeff's enlightening words "If they can do it, why cant I", I hope I can achieve something.

Wish me luck... wassalam

4 comments:

  1. Doode, it's 3Dwizart..not 3D Whiz-art. Go get 'em with your sculpts man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. igtkan biskut coklat...anyway,ayuh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Buat elok-elok, ya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha... korang nih...

    anyway, thanks for the support...

    maybe next week kot baru boleh start try buat... minggu ni agak busy

    ReplyDelete