Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Minimal Assembly Required !

It has been a while since the last time I did any model kit assembly. Lack of proper painting skill is the major reason why I've stopped doing it, apart from those other more common reasons such as lack of time, proper working space & proper tools, which were actually quite easy to overcome if I really put my heart to it. Guess I'm just not gifted enough in that particular trade. The modeling processes itself were not a problem to me, infact, I enjoyed doing it like any other intermediate level scaled modeler would have felt, but its the finished, colored end results that differentiate between a good or a poorly done scaled models.

The latest kit that I've worked on was called Sword Wolf from the Zoids toyline and that was way back about 4-5 years ago. Its a pre-painted kit with snap on joints, meaning that it doesn't require any painting works to finish the process. Still, many professional modeler would consider giving these kind of kits atleast some minimal paint job to make it more realistic thus adding up the awe factor. For me personally, I'm simply happy with the outcome of my unpainted Zoids back then... suggesting that I wont reach that professional level at any time soon.

Enough about Zoids for now. Actually this post is about some simpler model kits from two different brands. So simple that a young kid would have no problem doing it, yet fun and cute enough for adults to appreciate.

The first product is the official Transformers Pla-Kit model kit made by Takara and the others are Transformers model kits made by Kabaya, which are actually 'candy toys'
(Toys that come as free gift in a candy box, but in this case looks more like the candy is the free giveaway)

The one that I'm posting here is Transformers Pla-Kit Grand Scourge from Transformers Energon series, while those from the Kabaya factory are G1 Optimus Prime, Star Saber & Henkei (Classic) Optimus Prime.

Credits to Mr Fauwaz Zawawi for helping me out with the assembly of Grand Scourge. Like I mentioned earlier, I lack the time & proper tools (LOL) but I did apply the stickers myself

Here it is...

Images


Grand Scourge in his Super Mode form


Not much articulation for this little bad boy


Close up view


Scourge without his add on


Vehicle Mode... with all the drones that made up Grand Scourge's limbs


Trailer Cab


Size comparison with Superlink Convoy & Superlink Convoy Fire


Another size comparison


Kabaya Candy Transformers toy
Left to Right - Star Saber, G1 Optimus Prime & Henkei (Classic) Optimus Prime


Kabaya G1 meet Hybrid Style G1


About the same size


Size comparison - Kabaya, Hybrid Style & Pla-Kit


"You are scrap metal dude"


Kabaya Henkei Optimus Prime... again, limited articulations for this guy


Size comparison with Hasbro Classic Optimus Prime


Amazed with his elder brother...


Some brotherly love photoshot

No comments:

Post a Comment